A disclaimer may specify mutually-agreed and privately-arranged terms and conditions as part of a contract; or may specify warnings or expectations to the general public (or some other class of persons) in order to fulfill a duty of care owed to prevent unreasonable risk of harm or injury. Some disclaimers are intended to limit exposure to damages after a harm or injury has already been suffered. Additionally, some kinds of disclaimers may represent a voluntary waiver of a right or obligation that may be owed to the disclaimant.
Disclaimers vary in terms of their uniformity. Some may vary depending on the specific context and parties involved, while other types of disclaimers may strictly adhere to a uniform and established set of formalities that are rarely or never modified, except under official authority.
Website disclaimer covers the following:
- No warranties
- Limitations of liability
- Other parties
- Unenforceable provisions
- This website disclaimer
The information contained in this website is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by Power Publishers and while we endeavour to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.
In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.
Through this website you are able to link to other websites which are not under the control of [business name]. We have no control over the nature, content and availability of those sites. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them.
Every effort is made to keep the website up and running smoothly. However, Power Publishers takes no responsibility for, and will not be liable for, the website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control.
Merchant business’ return and cancellation policy must be made available to customers on website and they have to agree to its terms during the order process. Customers have to click on an “Accept” or “Agree” for return and cancellation button before submitting their payment information. Then, once the order has been submitted, policy can be sent to customers with the order confirmation email.
Power Publishers believes in helping its customers as far as possible, and has therefore a liberal cancellation policy. Under this policy:
- Cancellations will be considered only if the request is made within 72 hours of placing an order. However, the cancellation request will not be entertained if the orders have been communicated to the vendors/merchants and they have initiated the process of shipping them.
- There is no cancellation of orders placed under the Same Day Delivery category.
- No cancellations are entertained for those products that the (Company Name) marketing team has obtained on special occasions like Pongal, Diwali, Valentine’s Day etc. These are limited occasion offers and therefore cancellations are not possible.
- Power Publishers does not accept cancellation requests for perishable items like flowers, eatables etc. However, refund/replacement can be made if the customer establishes that the quality of product delivered is not good.
- In case of receipt of damaged or defective consumer durable items and non durable items like mobile phones, mixer grinder, calculator etc, please report the same to our Customer Service team. The request will, however, be entertained once the merchant has checked and determined the same at his own end. This should be reported within 21 days of receipt of the products. For books, VCDs, DVDs, software products, the matter should be reported within 5 days.
- In case you feel that the product received is not as shown on the site or as per your expectations, you must bring it to the notice of our customer service within 24 hours of receiving the product. The Customer Service Team after looking into your complaint will take an appropriate decision.
- In case of complaints regarding products that come with a warranty from manufacturers, please refer the issue to them.
Power Publishers is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Power Publishers may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from August 2010.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- name and job title
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about webpage traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at [email address]
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to [address].
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.